Sunday, March 23, 2014

Need pharmacy school interview advice for a non-traditional student

Question: 
I have recently been requested for interviews at my pharmacy schools of designation. Do have any advice about what one can do during these interviews? I scored above 50th percentile for my PCAT, I have cumulative chemistry GPA of 3.1 and I have some work experience as a manager for a writing center, sales person for a biotechnology firm, and research assistant for the botany department of a museum. As you may have noticed, I am not necessarily your typical candidate. As a interviewer, what questions would you have for such an abnormal candidate as I? Thank you for you time and concern.

Answer:
My simple advice would be prepared to explain why you are making a career change. What has drawn you to pharmacy? If you have a family, do you plan to continue working as a full time pharmacy student? Those are things that I would be interested in. While some career changing non-traditional students do very well in pharmacy school, we do see some who immediately realize they can't handle everything required and leave the program. A school doesn't want to risk a spot in a class if they think you haven't made the appropriate plans for life outside pharmacy school.

Good luck.













3 comments:

Ray william said...

The pharmacy colleges facilitate the candidates to become authorized technicians and pursue their career during this field by conducting exams. zg-ort is one of the best pharmacy school in Cicago.

BBAcollegesIndia.in said...

Niceblog!!! Good to see such a wonderful blog find complete list of top BBA colleges in India and get admission on Behalf of your academic percentages Like your 10th,12th percentage and Entrance Score.

PGDMcollegesDelhi.in said...

Niceblog!!! Good to see such a wonderful blog find complete list of top pgdm colleges delhi and get direct admission in pgdm colleges delhi on Behalf of your academic percentages.