Thursday, April 10, 2014

Pharmacy school interview preparation

Question:
 As my interviews are coming up one for this weekend and another one for following weekend, I really would like to ask you for specific techniques for the interview.

I've been preparing by reading reviews and reading lots of interview books and websites, also doing the mock interview.thus, I know all the basic things, like "what to do", "what not to do".

But if you can tell me your special advice/techniques that you can give me, like how I can really impress the interviewer, or how you have been actually impressed by intervewee, I really appreciate it. Or what particurally do you look for when you interview students? Anything will be a big help for me right now.

Also, is there anything I should be careful for since I'm an international student?


Answer: This is going to sound overly simple, but "be yourself". Too many applicants try too hard to impress the interviewers and it shows. Don't have rehearsed answer for questions, but engage the person asking the questions, making it as conversational as possible.

The applicants I most remember are those that won't stop talking and seem to have answers prepared rather than think about the question and have a dialogue with me. In this case, you would prefer to not be memorable.

As an international student, I assume the interviewer will be closely judging your communication skills if English is not your native language. Speak slowly and clearly. I wish you the best.

Please let us know how it goes.

4 comments:

Edify said...

Thanks for your ideas. You can also find the details on Edify School, at the school admission in nagpur. The main object of the school is to provide quality education and is among the few World class school in Nagpur. Together the term Edify and its logo are the key elements in forming the child’s future. This recognized school in Kamptee, Nagpur, follows the CBSE pattern and is among the top international school in Nagpur.

Unknown said...

I'm applying to pharmacy school later this year, and am really nervous. I took all of the pre requisite classes at my college, and feel like I have a very good shot at it. I think I just needed a little extra moral support in this process. This really gave me some good ideas.
Emily Merrell | http://medicineshoppeparkridge.com/Products-and-Services/

Stella Watson said...

I would like to apriciate with your idea for interview preparation in pharmacy school. I have little bit knowledge but thanks for shearing for me.
Buy Medicines Online

Riya Sharma said...

I really appreciate the blogger for sharing such an amazing blog. The online services are being used by so many people because it gives comfort. Website medicine shopping is really a reliable way to get the medicine at your place.

Online Medicine Store | Best Online Pharmacy